Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 3, 2012

2012 is shaping up to be a good year so far. Tuesday morning I was out at my bimonthly Mimi's Cafe breakfast with my friend from work. We were enjoying our cinnamon brioche and mimosa when THE phone call came in that I was waiting for. The assistant manager from PACU called to excitedly offer me a job, and I in turn was excited to accept it. All I had to do was contact my current manager, let him know that I have been offered a new job and ask when I can be released from the ER. I was nervous about making that call, but it turned out well. I'm just waiting for him to work out the details. I let the Brain know, and she's super excited about it. It means no more weekends, no more nights, no more holidays, a circadian rhythm, 8 hour shifts which mean I can live a normal existence. We're going to be able to see each other more often. It's amazing what an extra four hours per day can do! I'm both nervous and excited about starting a new job, because for four years and nine months, I've been in the same department. I'm not sure how long orientation is going to be, or my start date, or how long I'll be on probation. We were planning on starting another IVF cycle this month, (AF showed up Tuesday as well) but I think that it would be a good idea to push it back a little so that I can get settled into my new job. It will also give us a chance to do our taxes and get the return to pay for the new cycle. It usually bothers me to push a cycle back, but I think that settling into this new job, schedule and pace will be a positive change for my mental and physical health. Less stress has to be good for baby making!
Enjoying the good new!
Pinky

No comments:

Post a Comment